Recently I was praying for our child and its birth mother. Suddenly I was overcome with the realization that this unknown woman I was praying for would not likely live to see the new year. The maternal mortality rate in Ethiopia is extremely high: 1 in 14 women will die in childbirth. Children in Ethiopia also lose their mothers to starvation and infectious diseases. Tearfully, abruptly my prayers changed from praying for her physical health and needs to that of her spiritual health. I pray God would be graciously working on her heart, giving her the opportunity to hear His word and drawing her to Him in the realisation of her need for a saviour. How glorious it would be to be united one day in His presence!
How beautiful it is to see the daughter that I have prayed for from before birth now responding to her circumstances with such Godly insight and wisdom. As I watch the Lord gently unfold the petals of your life, I can see emerging something that only God in His power, grace and love could bring about. It is not only your love and concern for this unknown, and maybe yet unborn child, but your view of eternity and grace that causes you to love and pray for her mother. In allowing you the privelige of adopting, and the process it entails, God is also using you to show forth so many of His attributes to everyone around you. As you are a living answer to the prayers of your Mom, may your daughter also reflect God's faithfulness to you in the years to come. You are greatly loved. Mom
ReplyDelete